Friday, December 5, 2008

The Griswald family goes to Dollywood








































































Every year our family has a tradition of going to Dollywood the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Battling the elements no matter what we make it. Yes we drag all of our children. The Georgia crew went and us plus Janice and Darrell made it this year. This year Michelle not being of sound mind made it too. We had a good time despite the weather even Mike had fun. It mostly rained and was very cold. We bundled the kids and went on our way. Mallory and Bryson had a lot of fun making crafts and seeing Santa. Bryson was able to ride a lot more rides due to a growth spurt or his hood on his coat. Anyway I rode the scrambler and swings with him. Which those who know me are aware of my fear of heights. Needless to say I was more scared on the swings than Bryson, and I just about crushed him on the scrambler. Ok, I have to add something funny and off the subject that my daughter said this morning. Mallory's fish Ariel died. So this morning we said our farewells and flushed her. Mallory asked me if Ariel went to be with Jesus and I told her yes. Mallory then informed me " but Mommy the toliet doesn't flush to heaven". Oh how children think so literal at their age. I then had to explain that we have souls. I wonder what was going through that little 4 year old head as I explained this.
























1 comment:

Julie said...

Looks like you guys had alot of fun. I like the Santa picture.