Monday, May 11, 2009

Coopers First Birthday
























































Our little boy turned one on April 18th. I can not believe how fast Coopers first year of life has went by. He is such a joy to us and a blessing. Sometimes in the hustle and bustle of life I forget how lucky Mike and I are to have two beautiful children. Every day I try to let my kids know I love them the best way I know how. Although, some days that is not easy when the baby is crying and my five year old is throwing dress up clothes at me and saying " you are not the boss of me!".










One thing I have learned from my children is perspective. Life is all about perspective. Sometimes as a mom I get so caught up in being were I think I'm supposed to be or what activities my children should be doing that I forget just to stop and enjoy them. I guess everyone is guilty of that. I had a friend point out an important fact to me the other day. It is not what you say you do, it is how you treat others that show who you really are. I guess in a since it is the same way God sees us all. Most of all I hope Cooper grows up to be a happy person. Whatever that may be I know that Mike and I will always love him and be here for him and Mallory. I also hope that they find God in there life and understand that God loves us ALL as his own children.










Anyway, Cooper is almost walking and has several teeth and some coming in. He has had a rough month with ear infections and cutting several teeth at once. Hopefully this month will be better for the little guy. He sure can crawl fast especially when it comes to catching up with Mal. He wants to play with her toys more now and that is an issue at times. Cooper also loves to be with his Daddy. I have a feeling that Cooper and his Daddy will be very close pals for a long time. He just lights up when Mike enters a room. When Mike picks him up he barres his little head into Mike's chest. It is so sweet. Mike is such a good Daddy to his kids. Im also blessed to have a good father for my children and best friend for me. Oh, Cooper had a great party well I'm not sure he knew what was going on but he did enjoy his gifts. He loved opening presents. I guess he comes by that honestly. I do too. His cake was from Mag Pies and it was delicious. Cooper even had his own little buddies there to help him celebrate. Kate and Brooks joined in on the fun too.




















Happy First Birthday Cooper!! We love you very much!




















2 comments:

Julie said...

Good pictures!!! I think he had a great birthday party. Sweet words that you wrote about him and his first year of life. Wow, how time flies. I can't believe that my little guy will be one is one short month!


Will you email or text me your new address whenever you get time. Thanks

Michelle said...

What a sweet boy you have. We are lucky gals to have such great kids.